Kirovograd Flight Academy
- The Program
Kirovohrad flight school is operating since 1951.In 2011 there was a transformation: by resolution of the meeting of State Flight Academy workforce and followed by the order of the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports of Ukraine there was a new institution created in Kirovograd - Kirovograd Flight Academy of the National Aviation University.Head of the Academy is Sergii Nedilko, Doctor of Technical Sciences and Professor.
- Faculty of flight operation
- Faculty of air traffic services
- Faculty of Management
- Faculty of distance education
- Department of Air Traffic Services
- Department of Information Technology
- Department- Center of Intensive Learning Foreign Languages
- Department of Search, Rescue and Aviation Safety
- Department of Aeronautical Meteorology
- Department of Flight Safety
- Department of Mechanics and Design of Aircraft
- Department of Air Navigation
- Department of Physics and Mathematics
- Department of Physical and Psychophysiological Training
- Department of Management and Economics
- Department of Social and Human Sciences and Professional Education
- Department of Military Training
The Kirovograd flight school provides civil aviation pilots training according to the ICAO standard programs (INTERNATIONAL CIVIL AVIATION ORGANIZATION) in accordance with MINISTRY OF EDUCATION and SCIENCE of UKRAINE Certificate No.AA109646PRIVATE PILOT - ICAO COURSE No. 231
- Duration – 8 months Total flight time is 46 hours (including 40 hours on aircraft )
- Course Duration 18 months Total flight time is 250 hours
- Qualification - General secondary education Training is conducted in English Medium .
- (with the right to fly Multi-engine aircraft)
- Course Duration 24 months Total flight time is 300 hours
- Qualification - General secondary education Training is conducted in ENGLISH MEDIUM
- You will be given Preparatory taining of one to two months only to learn Ukrainian OR Russian Languauges without fees so that you will be easily adjusted in Ukraine and
- The Academy is considered to be one of the best international flight schools and is the unique component of the national education in Ukraine.
Kirovograd Flight Academy offers on campus internship program.
A student can choose to undergo the internship for a small fee. More Information regarding the same can be obtained from university website.
The National Aviation University (NAU) is the largest aviation university in Ukraine. During years of its existence the University has trained thousands of specialists for 160 countries and continues to provide training in promising areas.
The University surely goes ahead. Progressive trends of modern education are fully implemented in training. Experienced faculty, advanced educational facilities as well as modern informational technologies contribute to the effectiveness of study and formation of future specialist’s personality.
The University successfully collaborates with the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO). Two ICAO European Subregional Training Centres have been inaugurated in the framework of the University. Both Centres implement the TRAINAIR Methodology on the basis of ICAO Standards and Recommended practices.
Foreigners, who do not speak the language of education, are credited to the Preparatory Faculty. Duration of training is 1 year.
Foreigners also have the opportunity to enter postgraduate programs if they successfully complete their major program and demonstrate capacity for scientific and research activities. Duration of training is 3 years.Language of Learning is Ukrainian or Russian.
Institute of Continuing Education offers a wide range of specializations, through training in which foreign nationals can enhance their professional knowledge and skills and gain additional diplomas and certificates.Documents Required for Admission:
- Passport with visa to enter Ukraine
- Certificate of completed secondary education with list of subjects and grades
- Medical certificate which states the possibility to be trained in Ukraine
- AIDS analysis certificate
- Copy of birth certificate
- 8 photos 4x6 cm
- Return ticket with open departure date 1(one) year expiry for going back home
- Migration card where the purpose of entering Ukraine is Education (for citizens of countries with visa-free movement regime only)
All documents should be approved in accordance with the legislation of the country issued them, translated into Ukrainian or Russian and legalized.
The academic year begins on the 1-st of September.
According to legislation entry to Ukraine for study is permitted from 15 August till 15 November.
The Academy is considered to be one of the best international flight schools and is the unique component of the national education in Ukraine.
Its history began more than 50 years ago. The 60th Military Aviation Flight College was created in Kirovograd in 1951 and prepared the flight crews for Soviet Army Military Air Forces till1960. In connection with the decision of Soviet Government concerning USSR Military Forces reduction, the College was transformed into the Kirovograd Civil Aviation High School. Kirovograd Civil Aviation High Flight School carried out training of aviation personnel for Aeroflot and aviation companies all around the world from 1960 till 1978.
In the 60th the new aviation hardware, jet and turboprop aircraft were introduced into Civil Aviation. This fact complicated the process of air traffic and raised the demands to aviation staff. It became necessary to create the civil aviation higher education establishments. Beginning from 1978, on the base of Kirovograd Civil Aviation High Flight School the Kirovograd Civil Aviation High Flight College started functioning. The technical and training base and aviation staff high education programs were improved. In 1993 by the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine the College got the status of the State Flight Academy of Ukraine. So, the high quality of training at the Academy is based on the great experience and many years' traditions.
During the period of its operation Academy prepared more than 110 thousand of aviation personnel, including more than 4 thousand specialists for 66 countries of the world. We are proud that our graduates work on all main lands of the Earth (except Australia) and hold different posts. Among them are pilots, air traffic controllers, heads of the services, flight crews and detachments captains, chiefs of the departments, air companies and flight complexes directors. Besides, our graduates are heads of aviation services in Mongolia, Bulgaria, Moldova and several African countries. For the high quality training of Cuba Republic specialists the Academy was awarded with the Cuban order De la SOLIDARIDAD, and for the great contribution into high-qualified personnel training for Ukrainian aviation it got the silver medal of International Academic rating Golden Fortune.
In 2000 the State Flight Academy joined the UN program TRAINAIR (civil aviation personnel training international program), also it became the member of Innovation Centre of International Educational Programmes INCOS.
The activity of the State Flight Academy of Ukraine is certified by International Aviation Committee (CIS), got the license of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine and the 4th level of accreditation.
At present the Academy provides training on the following specialities: Aircraft Flight operation (commercial pilot for single engine aircraft, commercial pilot for multi engine aircraft), Aircraft Production, Technical Maintenance and Repair (technical diagnostic and non-destructive methods of monitoring, flight engineer), Air Traffic Servicing (air traffic controller, air navigation information and flight planning officer, computer flight servicing officer, emergency servicing and flight safety officer).
The State Flight Academy of Ukraine went through many difficulties of living in the new economic formation and now is both the only one flight education establishment in Ukraine and world level centre of 21st century aviation personnel training.